BCCI is going to announce the INDIAN team for the upcoming world cup on coming tuesday,so,here I am gonna pick my preferred squad . Now,all my selections will be based on the current form of the players ,match conditions and there will be no biased choices.
First for the batting department………
1. Shikhar Dhawan: Although he is not in a very good form but still the first choice as an opener and his experience from the current tour of Australia will help him in putting up a good show(Hopefully).
2. Rohit Sharma:Talentwise the best player of Team India.His current form in ODIs has been excellent(don’t forget 264) and he is at his best when ball is coming on to the bat fast and high so suited for conditions and believe me if India is to win the cup,he will be among the top scorers .
3. Virat Kohli:Undoubtedly the best player of the team and his ability to score big runs especially during chasing is unmatched.Also his current form on the Australian tour has been superb.In other words he is the key to India’s victory.
4.Ajinkya Rahane:very technically correct and consistent batsman.He will be the pillar of Indian middle order and will be required to set the tempo for the lower order batsman.
5.Suresh Raina:A very capable batsman in the shorter version of the game and a batsman who never allows the run rate to fall down which is very crucial.Also the best fielder of the the team.However he will be facing some serious chin music on the bouncy pitches.
6.Mahendra Singh Dhoni:good pair of hands behind the wickets and also a good enough captain in the format and his finishing skill which are said to be unparalleled in the world will be required in the ending overs to get a big score.However he will be under immense pressure due to his poor record in overseas conditions.
7. R jadeja:His all round play is an important factor in the team.Very economic bowling and the ability to hit big shots in the ending overs added to his athletic fielding makes him an clear choice.We will talk about his injury speculations at the end.
8.Ambati Rayudu:A very talented player and a very good record in the IPL but the main reason for his selection is that he can act as the wicketkeeper if by any chance Msd gets injured.For many of you Robin Uthappa might be the one but for me Rayudu is the pick simply because he has been in the team for an year almost(not in playing XI though) while robin has been more in and out.
9. M Vijay: surprised!!!!Well,considering the poor form of Dhawan and Vijay’s surprisingly good show in the current down under tour it shouldn’t be that big a surprise to pick him as the third opener.
Now for the bowling section:
10. B Kumar:best bowler of the current bowling line up of the team.His very economic bowling and ability to strike early with the new ball will be the key for India.
11. Mhd Shami:Second new ball bowler with a good pace and swing.Also his death bowling is better than all the other Indian bowlers.
12.Ishant Sharma:most experienced bowler of the team and he will have the responsibility to lead the young bowling from the front.His good record in Australia will do him some good.
13.Umesh Yadav: fast wicket taking bowler but expensive.If only he can control his line a little bit he will prove an important weapon in the upcoming world cup.
14. R Ashwin: main spinner of the team despite his poor show in the overseas conditions.Well we can just hope he will bowl a little better in the world cup because if he doesn’t , then India is going to have a tough time in the field.
15. Akshar Patel:It was tough to pick this one but he is my preference over karan sharma because karan sharma is a wrist spinner and in my view without much turn on the pitches he will just prove to be a run leakage machine.Patel on the other hand can bowl wicket to wicket and keep the runs in check.
Now, regarding jadeja’s injury,if he misses out, we need to pick a replacement.Just to be clear and for those who don’t know, the replacement can be outside of the 30 men squad as per Icc rules and regulations.
My pick is..
16.YUVRAJ SINGH:C’mon guys!don’t be so rude.He actually did win us two world cups (2007 T20 & 2011) and his current form in the domestic circuit has been exceptional.Also his experience and part time bowling gives him an edge over the others.
This is my own view guys.You can mention any change you want in the comment box and let’s hope that India will defend their title on the Australian Island